Custom Artwork Order Process
How do we order XCEEDID contactless ISO card with custom artwork?
The following steps should be followed when ordering ISO card with custom artwork
• 1. Submit artwork to XceedID
The best way to send artwork is electronically, in PC a platform. Please send artwork in .eps or .tif files. Artwork created in Adobe Illustrator is preferred. PhotoShop images must be high resolution (300 dpi minimum). Color images should be converted from RGB to CMYK. The artwork (including logos, graphic art and texts) should be also converted to paths/outlines. Finally, please incorporate about 2.54mm (0.1”) of overwork for all bleed artwork. Any portion of the artwork that extends to the edge of the card is considered a bleed. Please refer to the following figure 4.1 as an example.
• 2. Submit your purchase order and pay the set-up fee
The minimum order quantity for offset (lithographic) printing is 1000 pcs. After all questions are resolved about the artwork layout, XceedID will produce sample printed cards (if requested). This step can be bypassed if the customer chooses to do so. This can be done by signing the artwork confirmation, requesting no sample and emailing or faxing this back. Sample cards will normally take about 7~10 working days. The sample printed cards will be sent to customer for approval via Express Courier, such as FedEx.
• 3. Sample card confirmation
Once the sample printed card is approved with no changes the customer must sign the document of “SAMPLE CONFIRMATION” and fax or e-mail back to us as confirmation. If changes are required, such as changing the texts or logos, a new printed sample card will have to be made and we will charge another set-up fee.
• 4. Job completion
The typical lead time to complete a custom card order is 3~5 weeks after the confirmation of printed sample card.
• 5. Reorder with the same artwork
The minimum reorder of card with the same artwork is 500 pcs and a set-up fee of USD250 will be charged. Be aware, we will discard customer artwork that goes unused for more than one year.
What printing methods does XceedID provide?
• Offset printing - is a widely used printing technique which is printed on PVC (PETG) or paper is made up of a combination of the 4 process colors of printing-Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and black. The ink is spread on metal plate with etched images, and then transferred to another surface such as rubber blanket. The final stage of printing is apply the image to PVC (PETG) or paper by pressing it against the surface (such as the rubber blanket). For advantage of offset printing, there is a consistent high quality of color images and can print realistic photo images , complicated pictures(contains multiple colors). Images are also sharper and cleaner. In opposite of Screen printing, Offset printing is not unable to print out the high-definition colors. The type of printing is most efficient and economical when printing a large volume and printing the same design image. Offset printing, there is the overlay(the protection layer), can protect the proximity card from cutting, also can be used in a long time.
About XceedID Corporation
Based in Golden, Colorado, XceedID is a subsidiary of Ingersoll-Rand dedicated to the design, development and supply of advanced contactless RFID products. XceedID's team is highly experienced with contactless technology applications and combines the expertise of industry leading design, engineering, and product/sales development veterans. The combined experience lays the groundwork for continued technology innovation and provides the basis for driving feature sets and future technology from major semiconductor vendors. XceedID and its channel partners provide leading products that span a broad range of applications including: Physical Access Control, Logical Access, Biometrics, Identity, Health, Payment, and other Custom applications with significant market opportunity. For additional information about XceedID Corporation please visit www.XceedID.com.